2) Sleeping in late is no substitute for going to bed early.
3)When you are involved in a Master's Swim that is nearly 3000 yards, and you start feeling terrible in an unfamiliar way 1200 yards in—listen to your body—it does not pay to muscle through a workout.
4) Halloween candy is not a good source of dietary fiber.
5) It is okay to miss a workout for this reason: you're at home with a sick child.
6) It is not okay to miss a workout for this reason: I do not have time. The gym is open at 5:15 a.m.
7) After a grueling brick workout, I am not going to gain back every calorie I expended by drinking a delicious chocolate milkshake.
8) Days off are completely necessary and a day off means a day off... not "... maybe I'll only run a 5k today."
9)Stretching is important, and difficult. I sweat more stretching 20 minutes than I do running a 5k
10) Training is addicting. Now more than ever, with the gains I made this past race season, I am inspired to train even harder.